I, Cosmo - Carlie Sorosiak

I, Cosmo - Carlie Sorosiak


Cosmo is a 13 year old golden retriever who loves his family dearly, in particular the eldest child, Max, and that love is reciprocated - they are best friends. Max's parents are arguing and his biggest fear is that they will divorce. If this happens, Max thinks he and his sister will live with his mum whilst Cosmo will live with his dad. Max is determined not to let that happen, so when his uncle suggests the pair take part in a dog dance competition, Max and Cosmo see this as a way to bring the family back together again. Can they succeed? Can Cosmo learn the moves despite his age?

K's opinion:
This is a story about the love between a dog and his boy - a bond stronger than anything else.  Told from the point of view of Cosmo (which I loved, by-the-way!), it gives us a heart-felt insight into just how loyal dogs can be.  The book was funny, touching and heart-warming, and shows that age means nothing when it comes to loyalty and friendship. Cosmos's voice is strong throughout the narrative and it was clear to me that the book had been written from the heart: it pours out of the pages, from Cosmo and from through the attention to detail.  It's a book I will definitely read again.

O's opinion:
Wow! That's all this book needs. 
However, I should also say that his book showed the devoted love between a dog and its owner, and I found this book to be an astounding story of love, dancing, and what children would do to save their parents divorcing. All it needs is a standing ovation and a "Book Oscar" (as a matter of fact, can I make that a real event?) that would win it the title of "Best-dog themed book that made K cry" (that would be a VERY hard category, I mean, she cries at literally ANYTHING!), but seriously, this book is amazing. Anything that is written by the point of view of a dog, that makes me want one for myself instead of borrowing my grandparents' is a book that deserves the title "Best dog-themed book that made K cry". I loved how Max and Cosmo stopped at nothing to try to win the competition. Unfortunately, I am not aloud to tell you what happened, because it would completely spoil it for you and I want you to go out and read it for yourself!

But be warned: you'll probably want to go out and buy a god at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The City Beyond The Stars - Zohra Nabi

Yara longs to return to the Kingodm of Zehaira and free her mother from the clutches of the alchemist.  But when her mother sends Yara a cry...