What's Going On Inside My Head

What's Going On Inside My Head.

I already have a copy of Let's Talk About When Somebody Dies and it's such a brilliant book (& has already been very useful) so I was very excited when What's Going On Inside My Head? came through the door.  Written in a wonderfully child-friendly way, from the introduction, this book is designed to help children understand the varying emotions and feelings they will/may have and to recognise that these things are normal.  


With colourful pages, great illustrations, top tips & 'it's good to know...' sections, the book is easy to navigate for children, whether they need to read the entire book or just need to dip in and out.  I also love the section with tips for parents - the fact that this section is also quick and easy to read I suspect will be much appreciated: great advice, quickly absorbed.

With my pastoral role in school, I know that this book will be useful with many children for a variety of reasons.  It will take pride of place on the shelf in my office after half-term and will be used frequently to help reassure children and also to help them understand what is happening in their brains.

Many thanks for sending it my way, Bloomsbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Storm Child - Ele Fountain

Maya is clearly happy with her life.   Although her family are struggling to make ends meet, she has a good group of friends and...