The Bridges - Tom Percival



I love Tom Percival's picture books (I love all his books, to be fair), and I regularly use his Big Bright Feelings books in assemblies at school, so when The Bridges landed at home, it put the biggest smile on my face; then when I discovered the theme of the book, that smile grew and grew! 

The Bridges is all about the power of books and libraries and how they can be there for those who are lonely or worried. Mia finds herself alone when her parents are busy (something so many children from all walks of life will be familiar with). It's a kind neighbour who leaves her a book and it doesn't take her long to discover the worlds you can find yourself in when you open a book.

I spend so much of my time telling anybody who will listen (especially at school) how wonderful books are, how many lives you can live by reading and how much you can learn.  This book shows readers this beautifully, both with the gorgeous illustrations as well as the wonderful writing.  I adored the book and have read it several times already.


It has lived on my coffee table since it arrived so that I can keep diving into it, but this week it's going into school as it's my assembly on Friday.  No guesses what I'll be reading. ❤️

The Bridges publishes on the 29th August and I know that school will be VERY excited to know they are some of the first people to share in its joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice Éclair A Dash of Daring - Sarah Todd Taylor

When a cipher machine that can unscramble unreadable messages in seconds goes missing along with the man who created it,  Alice is drafted i...