Bite Risk: Caught Dead - S J Willis



Now that the town of Tremorglade knows the truth, adults are free to Turn without caging themselves in. Life seems to be good, until the Turned start being attacked on Howl Night with shocking consequences.  With an immortal beast on the loose, is someone trying to control the Turned once and for all?

I read Bite Risk over the summer (you can read my review here) and was instantly desperate for the second in the trilogy so when I got the chance to read Bite Risk: Caught Dead it instantly zoomed to the top of my reading pile and I dove in on Sunday afternoon ... and was finished by mid Monday morning!

With a new horror terrifying the town of Tremorglade, things get scary very quickly.  Divided loyalties cause confusion and, at times, Hal doesn't know who he can trust which all adds to the tension.  There are twists and turns a plenty in a book that kept me utterly gripped and on the edge of my seat, and, at times hiding behind my teddy (there are some truly scary elements to the book!).  This is YA horror at its best and a series that perfectly bridges the gap between MG and YA.

Sometimes, when I read a book, I can anticipate the ending but then there are times when the end of a book takes you completely by surprise; Bite Risk: Caught Dead most definitely fell into the second category and I was left with my jaw hanging after the final page!  I promise it will leave you aghast and absolutely desperate for the final instalment. 

Creepy with just the right amount of darkness to it, Bite Risk: Caught Dead makes the perfect sequel to Bite Risk and will be a must-buy when it publishes on the 14th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magicalia Race of Wonders - Jennifer Bell

Join best friends Bitsy and Kosh on a round-the-world adventure like no other! When Bitsy's dad is kidnapped by a woman with a giant ham...