Beano Minnie's Mission Of Maximum Mischief


'When new kid, Whelan, starts at Bash Street School, Minnie isn't impressed.  He might just be the one person who is better than her at Super Epic Turbo Cricket - plus where was her gaggle of adoring fans?  But the pair soon realise they have far more in common than they every imagined, and Whelan might just be the friend she needs.'

As a kid, the Beano was my comic of choice and I still remember heading down to the newsagents every week with my pocket money to buy the latest edition, so the arrival of Minnie's Mission Of Maximum Mischief! took me back years and the freezing weather a few weekends ago gave me the perfect opportunity to curl up and dive in.

Last month, Minnie celebrated her 70th anniversary so I was hugely grateful to Farshore Books for sending me this copy.  The book is the perfect blend of novel and comic book and full of all the high-jinx I remember from when I was a girl.  Minnie is really brought to life in this book and you get to know her much better.  Alongside her faithful peashooter and pranks, you discover a girl who loves playing turbo cricket, is hugely competitive, but is also very worried about her parents.  Woven into the laughs is a story-line about parental separation that will be helpful for many children, showing them that they are not alone.

With wonderful illustrations and a brilliant story-line, Minnie's Mission of Maximum Mischief! is a great read and one that is guaranteed to be a firm favourite with many.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Magicalia Race of Wonders - Jennifer Bell

Join best friends Bitsy and Kosh on a round-the-world adventure like no other! When Bitsy's dad is kidnapped by a woman with a giant ham...