Villains Academy: How To Steal A Dragon - Ryan Hammond

 


I first discovered Villains Academy at the Simon & Schuster blogger brunch in January; I was so intrigued that I began reading it on the train home and absolutely adored the book (you can read my review here).  Since then, I have been patiently (well, fairly patiently!) waiting for the second instalment which arrived last Thursday and it took me every once of will power to wait until the weekend to dive in.

As we return to the academy, we are introduced to Felix Frostbite, the newest teacher who is causing quite the stir.  His knowledge of dragons is immense so all the students are desperate to join his Winter Warts club where he promises to impart his knowledge.  As well as that, there is the excitement of The Blizzard Bash to look forward to, but when Bram and Mona discover a dragon's nest and take 2 of the eggs, everything changes.  Can the Cereal Killers come together to nurture the eggs?  Will they pass their exams and be allowed to attend the bash?  Why are Bram and his friends wary of Felix?

Oh, this was absolutely another joyous read!  It was wonderful to be back at the academy and to catch-up with Bram and his friends and I love that we get to know everyone a little more. Whilst Bram continues to be a bit of a worrier, it is Mona that made me the most curious: she showed a more vulnerable side and it was lovely to see her friends supporting her.

From the beginning, How To Steal A Dragon had me giggling whilst eager to know what was going to happen.  With lightning farts, a nod to Mama Mia and the best teacher in the world (should I channel my inner Mardybum in school tomorrow?), coupled with brilliant illustrations, this is quickly becoming one of my favourite series of books!  How To Steal A Dragon is a joy-fest of villainous activity and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of How To Win The Gruesome Games (only 6 months to wait).

Ps, if you're quick, you may be able to get hold of a limited edition copy from Waterstones with these gorgeous sprayed edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Be Free - Daisy May Johnson

  It's the start of a new term at the School of the Good Sisters and Hannah, Edie and Calla are ready to enjoy everything their extraord...