The Bookshop at the Back of Beyond - Amy Sparkes

 


Nine and her friends are back in their third adventure and this time they are heading to The Land of Beyond in order to find Professor Dish.  Whilst trying to navigate Beyond, as well as find answers about her mum, can Nine successfully locate Dish and reunite her with Spoon or will too many things get in the way?

This is a series of books that I have loved from the beginning (my review for The House at the Edge of Magic is here and you can read about The Tower at the End of Time here) and so I was thrilled when The Bookshop at the Back of Beyond arrived just before Christmas, allowing me to curl up and immerse myself in this wonderful world for a third time. 

The Land of Beyond is definitely one I would like to visit with its host of shops that are begging to be explored.  Whilst I think I would enjoy visiting Wax and Wicks to acquire a talking candle, I'm not quite certain how I would feel about having to give away my secrets at The Secret Shop, and I know for certain that getting me out of the sweet shop would be incredibly difficult!  However, the shop I would most like to visit has to be the bookshop as I'm most intrigued as to which book would be chosen for me.  There are small touches throughout the book that make you feel like The Land of Beyond is real and I definitely felt as though as I was alongside Nine every step of the way.

It was a delight to be back with Nine and her friends again.  The House has been my favourite character since book one but I have loved getting to know Nine and her friends more here, especially Flabberghast.  

Released on the 5th January, The Bookshop at the Back of Beyond is a delightful read and now I can't wait for book 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magicalia Race of Wonders - Jennifer Bell

Join best friends Bitsy and Kosh on a round-the-world adventure like no other! When Bitsy's dad is kidnapped by a woman with a giant ham...