The Strangeworlds Travel Agency The Secrets of the Stormforest - LD Lapinski

 


With the Seren threatening, it is up to Flick and Johnathan to discover exactly what is happening and why, and then they need to work out how to save their world, as well as countless others.

I know that this is a very brief synopsis of the book, but I really don't want to give anything away!

The Secrets of the Stormforest is the last in the Strangeworlds trilogy and, as The Edge of the Ocean was left on such a cliffhanger, I was incredibly excited to be able to dive into book 3 early (although, also torn by the fact that I knew I would be saying goodbye to Flick and Johnathan at the end of it).  And I have to say that I wasn't disappointed: exciting from the very beginning, right up to the end, this is a rollercoaster of a journey, both in terms of the action as well as the emotions experienced.  Expect to need tissues if you are anything like me!  

The plot slips between worlds and helps to answer questions that have been dangling since book 1. It's unpredictable and will make you gasp on several occasions, and I promise you won't want to put the book down.  I began reading it on a Sunday evening and then found myself thinking of Flick and Johnathan when I was away from the book, longing to get back to them every evening - a rooky error, I should have begun reading on a Saturday morning so I could have read the book in one sitting! 

I have loved Flick and Jonathan from the very start: the uniqueness of Johnathan and his approach to everything - he is somebody I would love to get to know.  Flick's journey has evolved as we have progressed through the series and I was thrilled to see the way Lapinski took her in this final instalment.  She will be a role model for children everywhere.  Both characters are true to themselves and I love that about them.  Strong in their own ways and loyal in their friendship - they are characters I will remember for a very long time.

Strageworlds is a concept I have adored from the very first book, and I often find myself looking at suitcases and wondering where they may take me - unfortunately, the cases in my loft have yet to reveal other worlds when I have opened them - I confess now that I still open every suitcase with an air of expectancy!

The Secrets of the Stormforest was a fitting end to an utterly spellbinding trilogy and one I know I will revisit time and time again.  Now excuse me whilst I head to inspect my suitcases again ... just in case!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Storm Child - Ele Fountain

Maya is clearly happy with her life.   Although her family are struggling to make ends meet, she has a good group of friends and...