Concrete Rose - Angie Thomas



Maverick is living with his mum, and loves basketball, family, and hanging out with his girlfriend, Lisa. However, a DNA test for his best friend’s baby comes back and it’s actually his! Now he has to take care of his new son, whilst also finding a job to make some money, and on top of that he needs to graduate college. Can he do it? Find out soon...


From the start, I loved the style of writing, and the development of the characters was enthralling: I literally cried out “No!!” when I finished the sample! I could not put it down, and just wanted to keep reading. I found Maverick to be a very enjoyable character to read about, and I started to really sympathise with him. This is a very good start to the novel, and I cannot wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The City Beyond The Stars - Zohra Nabi

Yara longs to return to the Kingodm of Zehaira and free her mother from the clutches of the alchemist.  But when her mother sends Yara a cry...