The Longest Night Of Charlie Noon

The Longest Night Of Charlie Noon - Christopher Edge.
(Due for release 6th June)


Friends Charlie and Dizzy are determined to discover what is hiding in the woods near their home and, along with Johnny, they quickly become lost and scared!  Then night falls and they find themselves trapped and unable to find their way home.  Can they solve the mystery and find their way out of the forest and what is happening to time?

K's opinion
This is a gripping book that will have you on the edge of your seat from the very beginning.  The dynamic between the three characters is great and their very different personalities have to come together and put aside their differences in order to work together.  

I began reading this book to my class just before Easter and they are utterly hooked, often refusing to go home at the end of the day until I've finished the chapter we're reading, and then becoming even more reluctant to leave as the ends of the chapters are often the most thrilling parts!  We managed to reach the half-way mark before we broke up and there have already been many gasps and cries of, "You can't stop reading now!".  They love it just as much as O and I did.  When they knew we'd be writing the blog over the holiday, there were a flurry of quotes that came my way, with requests for them to be included, so here you go:

"It's a phenomenal book and I'm really enjoying it!"
"Amazing!  It's exceptional and the description is perfect!"
"A superb book of surprises!"
"This is an action-packed book, full of adventure and excitement!"

I have to say, that it's also an incredibly thought-provoking book and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the class react as we make our way through the second half of the book next term (I'll keep you posted!).  I have to admit to shedding a tear (in public!)


O's opinion
WOW!!! This book is fabulous! It was constantly making me think about what was happening and the plot twists were amazing! I loved how Charlie never gave up, not even when it seemed that they were going to be lost in there forever. I loved how Charlie always stayed positive and didn't lose hope.
I have always loved Christopher's books, but this is by far the BEST book he has written!!! What's next?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Be Free - Daisy May Johnson

  It's the start of a new term at the School of the Good Sisters and Hannah, Edie and Calla are ready to enjoy everything their extraord...