Spy In The Jam Factory -Chrissie Sains



Scooter and Fizzbee are back and the adorable alien and her best friend are continuing to create their unusual jams, a wonderful mix of alien invention and human imagination.  However, some of the new jams have created some problems for the villagers (children floating away, vegetables growing to huge proportions...) and Fizzbee's popularity is taking a hit.  Scooter is determined to show the village how wonderful she is, however Agent Fleur De Vious of the Alien Intelligence Agency has other ideas and is determined to make Earth an alien-free place.  

I was very excited when Spy In The Jam Factory arrived, along with my very own Fizzbee (who will have pride of place in my office next week!) and the book zoomed to the top of my reading pile.  I adore Scooter and Fizzbee's inventions and jamtastic creations and the mishaps had me chuckling.  The book is full of humour and warmth, adventure and jammy antics that readers will love.  

Both Scooter and Fizzbee have been firm favourites for me since book 1.  Scooter has always been a proud advocate for cerebral palsy and I love that there is information in the back of the book about the condition to educate readers. His inventions and ways of getting around are brilliant (especially RALPH). And I love that the message about being proud to be different shines through.

Fizzbee remains adorably cute but she is missing her family. She has always been a character in have loved and her sense of right and her desire to always do the right thing is adorable but really shines in this book.

I have to mention Fleur who makes quite the villain and her ruthless determination made for a page-turner of an adventure.

Once again, Jenny Taylor's illustrations make a visual feast and really help to add to the story in the best way.

Spy In The Jam Factory is a fitting end for Scooter and Fizzbee and I have adored this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Be Free - Daisy May Johnson

  It's the start of a new term at the School of the Good Sisters and Hannah, Edie and Calla are ready to enjoy everything their extraord...