For me, Christopher Edge's name has become synonymous with writing brilliant books that combine science with adventure in a plot that really makes you think and takes your breath away ... and don't get me started on the endings I never see coming! With that in mind, I was excited to dive into How To Steal The Future, keen to discover what was waiting for me.
The plot is fast-paced and thrilling, not only in the obstacles Drew and his fellow questers face in the maze, but also their thoughts about the Avenir and their race against time. Readers will find themselves questioning many things along the way, including characters' motivations (can they be trusted?) and whether they will ever find the answers they are looking for. The ending, once again, was something I didn't see coming, even though I was trying to guess what the twist would be from the start! I won't spoil anything but I will say that I'm still thinking about it days after I've finished reading the book.
How To Steal The Future is incredibly clever in its ideas as well as the way Christopher creates the plot. It's a novel I would love to read aloud to a class as the questions it would generate would be wonderful to discuss. At 198 pages, it's a fairly quick read and would be perfect for those who can be daunted by larger books. But please don't be fooled: the book packs a real punch and will leave you pondering life and the future in a way you didn't expect to!
I can't wait to see what Christopher writes next!

No comments:
Post a Comment