Hawk's Justice - Jim Ross


When Judge William Ryland is found dead during a case between two Russian billionaires, Judge Tom Hawk takes over the case.  However, he begins to think that there is more to Ryland's death than a simple accident.  As the police begin to investigate, Hawk becomes more involved and the body count begins to rise.  Are there links to the case with the Russians?

I am a big fan of LJ Ross's books so when I heard that her husband, Jim, had written a book, I was intrigued.  Although both involve murder, that is where the similarities end and Jim proves himself to be a skilful writer in his own right.

This is a fast-paced, thrilling book that I read in under 2 days as I couldn't put it down.  Set in the heart of London's justice system, the book weaves a legal thriller with adventure and relationships seamlessly.  It is clear from the outset that Jim has used his years of experience as a barrister to create a novel with an authentic feel to it. 

Hawk, at first, feels aloof and focussed only on his career, but the more I read, the more I began to like him.  He's a well-crafted character who commands authority and is decisive in the court room; however he was warm and caring outside it.

With chapters that leave you wanting more and the end of the book definitely demanding a sequel, Hawk's Justice is guaranteed to be a hit when it publishes on the 5th November and I am already looking forward to book 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Monsters Of Rookhaven - Padraig Kenny

  Mirabelle is one of the monsters who are part of 'the family' who live at Rookhaven Manor which has, for years, been separated fro...